Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Notebox, and I'm Proud of Myself!!!!

"The Notebox" is a weird title, I know, and you're probably wondering "What in THE world is she up to now?", but, I think this is a good idea. You see, I've always liked writing notes to momma and daddy and REALLY Colt(because sometimes he kinda ignores me if he's talking to his friends or playing a video game, or on the phone, which he is doing one of these a lot of the time), and I had the idea a few days ago, that I should use a box to write notes and put them in to each other and check it regularly(which, by the way, COLT, you didn't check it last night...UMMMM-HMMM). We've been doing this for about 2 or 3 nights now. Colt writes REALLY funny ones!!!!!! I recommend doing this with your family. Right now we're using this, but dad said he'd make me a box.




**********************************************************

When we eat at home for supper, momma and daddy have been making me try a little bit of one of their dishes, because, I'm a VERY picky eater. Now, when I say this, all of you are going to laugh like crazy, but it's an improvement. I have been kind of dreading supper time, but, now, I look on it as an adventure. Tonight, momma fixed loaded mashed potatoes, chicken fried steak(my favorite), gravy, and biscuits. Daddy was going to make me try the potatoes, which I was worried about, but, instead, he let me try the biscuits. I liked them!!!!! They can't compare to chicken, but, I like them!!!!!!!! I'm soooo proud of myself!!!!! Well, I've got to head on to bed. Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Blessings,
Love, Joy

10 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I really like your notebox idea, what a great way to communicate with a busy family. Colt sounds like a great but tipical big brother. My oldest son was 16 yrs older than his baby brother and oh did he get tired of baby brother following him everywhere, now at 46 and 29 they are the best of friends.
You should try the potatoes you might be happily suprised. My DIL wouldn't eat potato salad untill I talked her into taking one bite of mine and now I have to make it for her every time she comes to see me.It's good to just try new things.
I enjoy your post, you are very talented.
Have a great week-end
Molly

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

I'm really proud of you for trying (and retrying) different foods.

I love the notebox and I'm really glad you thought of it. It always makes me smile!

I love you!
Mom

CozyGirl said...

I love the notebox idea Joy! How fun! I'm glad you like the biscuits. Good for you for trying new things. By the way that whole dinner sounds very yummy!
Janae

Karen said...

Your notebox is a cute idea! Amber likes to write notes to us, too. When she does, she will tip-toe out into the kitchen at night before we go to bed, use a magnet to attach them to the range hood, and then they are waiting for us as a surprise the next morning. :o)

Never So Simple said...

I love the note idea. I love to write notes. :)

Next time just send me those potatoes. I love them too. :)

Donna

Zaroga said...

The notes is a terrific idea. I love the note box.

I still try new foods... I'm a beef or pork chop and potatoes girl :-)

Shelley said...

That notebox idea is such a fabulous idea!! How fun!! And good for you for trying new food (i'm a picky eater too!!)

Mandy said...

That notebox is a very good idea. We may have to try that for fun!

Leah Kate is a very picky eater too. We're trying to get her to try more things. I read this post to her hoping it would inspire her to try some new things!

Mandy

Tyler said...

Hi. I will use your faithful friday's if that is okay. No, please don't publish mine... i love your blog and comment mine!!!
Tyler

green gables girl said...

Hey, Joy!
Guess what?!
We already do the note box! Except we call it the mail box.And we have our own numbers on who we are going to send it to! Isn't that neat?

If you got one of the e-mail I got about me learning French, here's a sentence in French!:

Le Français est amusement ! Peut-ĂȘtre vous devriez l'essayer !

Hee, hee! This is what I said: French is fun! Maybe you should try it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LBF!!!
Thanks for all your e-mails and comments!
Au revoir! :) (good bye!
Love, Lyssie

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs