Friday, June 28, 2013

Faithful Fridays ~ Just Keep Chuggin' Along.

Hi, everyone! :)

So, I got my laptop back today....and part of my keyboard was still messed up, so I'm having to wait again until they can order a new one.  I'm still using my mama's laptop, which is why I'm not posting as much.  :)


Faithful Fridays is a weekly linky party hosted on my blog.  I made it so that Christians could have one special day out of the week (Friday) to share something from their Christian walk on their blog.  If you'd like to participate, write your post, grab the button from the Faithful Fridays page on my blog (so that it will link back here), and come link up at the bottom of this post!  :)

**********************************************************************

Sometimes, things just get crazy.

It may be just little things, but somehow they just get to you.  They get under your skin and cause a ton of frustration and make you just want to scream.  And they can end up affecting your walk with God.  Negativity makes us lose connection with God.  We unknowingly step away from Him and turn our heads to our problems.  And that's tough because we want God's guidance and we want to feel His presence in those moments, but we don't.  

First of all, we can't depend on feelings.  We can't be dominated my the seen and felt.  Feelings are real, but they're not always true.  A lot of our "feelings" are just emotions that are part of our body.  It's not always "spiritual" and I think that's important to remember.  So, you may feel like God is far away from you, or that you are far away from God, but that isn't so.  He's right there with you, and you can turn to Him at any time, even if it doesn't feel like He's there.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
-John 14:27

Second of all, thank God.  I think we really underestimate the power of thankfulness.  Because it may sound cliche and like something a "super Christian" would do...but it's impossible to worry and be negative about your problem when you're thanking God for whatever it is--a frustration, a trial, or someone that's there to teach you a life lesson.  You may not feel like doing it, but do it, anyway.  It can change things.

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires."
-James 1:19-20

And just remember to keep chuggin'.  Even if you feel like you're just failing, and like this is never going to end.  Keep on chuggin' along, even if you feel scared and frustrated.  Don't let a situation or person or circumstance bring out the worst in you.  You control you, and with God's help, you can handle it. 



Remember: this too shall pass.  :)

Because who are you putting your trust in?  God.  The maker of the universe, the mighty God who holds the world in his hands as a child holds a toy.  And yet he stoops down to us, picks us up, and loves us.  Unconditionally.  

Who do you put your trust in?

"The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.  To him be glory for ever and ever.  Amen."
-2 Timothy 4:18

God bless you guys and have a great day!  :)
Joy :)

2 comments:

Jazzmin said...

I can't tell you how much I need this reminder in my life, pretty much all the time. Things definitely happen, sometimes bigger or small, that really test my feelings and how much I feel like God is in my life at the moment. This is a comfort though, a wonderful reminder and such an encouragement! And the scriptures were refreshing too.

Your post was a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and God Bless you!
~Jazzmin
p.s. I am going to link to your Faithful Friday!! :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

Excellent post! That is so true...about feelings..... and we let them control us so often.

I love the quote...this too shall pass. I've counted on that many times!

I love you! 10!

MOM!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs