Friday, March 2, 2012

Faithful Fridays ~ Those Little Things

Hi everyone!

It's Friday again!  Wednesday was Leap Day!  I'm usually not one to do anything special or unusual or really even ponder Leap Day and all, but as I looked around at other Leap Day blog posts, I'm wondering what I'll be doing in four years.  Let's see...I'll be sixteen (Eek!  Ever wanna go to Neverland and never grow up?  :P).  Eleventh grade (Scary, I'm telling you, scary!).  Going through all of the CLEP stuff and online college, hopefully, and even more hopefully--I will have been to C*ina and back

over...
and over...
and over again.  :D


Please note--this button does not link back to my blog.  :)

I started Faithful Fridays so that Christians could have one designated day a week (although I don't think they should keep it to just one day) to share something about their Faith--a prayer request, answered prayer, Bible verse, something God's laid on your heart, etc. To participate in Faithful Fridays, just grab the button above for your post along with a link to my blog somewhere in your post, too. After you've published your post, please come let me know in your comment that you participated and leave me a link to your blog. I'd love to come read your post! Once I see that you've participated a few times, I will add you to this list of regular Faithful Friday-ers! :)

My mama participates on her blog, Country Girl at Home.


Ms. Patty participates on her blog, Blessings Beyond.

Ms. Retha participates on her blog, Retha's Rambles.
Rachel participates on her blog, Stand Out Don't Fit In.
 
                                                         ~*~
I've posted on this before, but today made me want to post about it again. 
 
Today was a pancake-flippy day.  My day started off hectic, crazy, tiring, and frustrating (not to mention it was cloudy and overcast--literally).  And then in the last few hours, it just flipped like a pancake.  The sun came out, things calmed down, and I got a new burst of energy.  A catchy song came on in my head and as I was alone outside, I began to sing to the air.  I felt like skipping around, hugging people, dancing, singing, and praising God for just about everything.
 
And sometimes, we just have to pause.  Take a breath.  And really just thank God for those little things (blessings) that He sends to brighten our day.  Because he really does care about the little things, the small things that make us happy.  Those little perks to our day.

A new friend.
A random compliment.
A hug.
A smile.
A greeting.
A Scripture.

And then we can sing and dance around the room. :)

Take delight in the LORD,

and he will give you the desires of your heart.  

~Psalm 37:4

Have a great day, everyone!

4 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Joy,

I know the feeling! And God does care about those little things and He delights in seeing us happy!

I love the way you put those words to your feelings. It is a perfect description!

Thanks for Faithful Fridays. I participated.

I love you! 10!

MOM

Unknown said...

That was a really nice post! : ) Isn't funny (nice!) how God can take you from being in the dumps to jumping for joy?! : )

~*Chantelle*~

Never So Simple said...

Your Friday post always inspire me. Thanks Joy for always leaving me with a positive thought. Goodness 16 you are so wise now looking forward to watching you grow!

Donna

retha said...

At times I have to almost physically turn my head and tell me it is all because of, and for GOD.
That HE is all, should be enough. In fact HE is GOD and worthy of me being like him.

Don't know if this thought makes sense to anybody besides the inside of my head.


You know often GOD is ..., is often used in the sense of HIM displaying a certain characteristic for a moment. When HE is actually the fullness of that characteristic.
That I see in you, I pray you will always live the Joy you are living. That you'll guard your heart to not loose one bit of joy.

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs