Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lists, Lists, Lists.

I really just love making lists.  I guess that's the writer coming out in me, because my mama loves to make lists, too, and we're both big writers and English/grammar/spelling-people.

I love making to-do lists (well, sort of), "favorites" lists, and sometimes even grocery lists!

And I also like adding to my "bucket list".  These are things that I want to do before I leave this earth.  And I intend to try to do every one of them!

So here you go, my bucket list:

Learn a second language fluently



Have one of my books published


Visit China again


Visit and work in a Chinese orphanage


Go on a mission trip to China


Go on a mission trip elsewhere


Adopt internationally


Learn to sew


Sew one of my own articles of clothing


Sew an article of clothing for someone else


Make a snowman that is standing on his head


Personally help a family find their child/waiting child find their family


Climb a rock-climbing wall. (This has been partially done; I have rock-climbed, but it was a small wall--I'd like to climb a bigger one.)


Read the Anne of Green Gables series all the way through


Read the Narnia series all the way through


Read through the Bible


Visit New Zealand


Visit Australia


Be a bridesmaid or Maid of Honor in a wedding.


Learn to Spanish flamingo dance


Learn to dance Chinese traditional dances


Dance on pointe shoes


Meet Bethany Hamilton


Meet (and hug) Nick Vujicic


Meet Katie Davis


Own a window box garden


Visit Mongolia


Drink lemonade out of a mason jar


Be at at the pier at Huntington Beach, California when Ray Comfort is soap-boxing (See THIS link--click on the Open Air list)

And just for fun, here is my current wishlist.  Just things I would like to have at some point.

Cowboy boots



Sundress


Supergirl Shirt


Soul Surfer Book


Shadow Spinner Book


Tim Tebow Book


Tangled (movie)


Peter Pan (movie)


The Perfect Game (movie)


CUTBACK (movie)

So what about you guys?  Do you have some things you want to make sure you do before you leave this earth?  Some things you would like to have at the moment?

3 comments:

bettyj said...

Joy, I have NO doubts you can attain every thing you set your mind on. Persevere! Your priorities are in the right place. Go girl!
betty

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

It is true...I like your priorities! Spanish flamingo dancing sounds fun! I like the idea of you adopting internationally of course...plenty of them! :)

We'll work on that wish list! :)

I love you! 10!

MOM

Nancy M. said...

I loved reading your lists! What great things you have planned, I'm sure if you set your mind to it, you'll have no problem accomplishing these goals! You have such a great heart!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs