Friday, August 5, 2011

Faithful Fridays~Matthew 11:25-30


My mama and I made Faithful Fridays so that once a week, Christians could post something about their Faith--prayer requests, praise reports, etc.  If you participated, please let me know in a comment so that we can come and visit you!  And don't forget to grab the button above for your post!

******************************************************************

Hi everyone!

I was reading this in my Bible today.  I thought it was a really great passage.

Maybe you're just down in the dumps today.  Or maybe there are day-to-day battles going on in your life.  Or maybe you've lost someone you loved. 

Whatever it is--well, just read this.  I think it says it better than I ever could.

Matthew 11:25-30

At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.  Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
 
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

1 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Joy,

Well first of all, you know I participated! I'm so glad you started this! I enjoy it so much!

I love the verses you shared today. Only God can give us that peaceful rest in times of turmoil and distress. I'm so thankful He carries our burdens, so we don't have to! The hard part for us is letting him carry it, and not taking it back! :)

Have a wonderful day! I love you!

10!

MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs