Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

Today is my first day of joining Chats on the Farmhouse Porch over at Everyday Ruralty!  :)  This is something my mama links up with every week, and I've been wanting to join in for a while.  :)

Everyday Ruralty

Here are this week's questions!  :)

  1. Are you looking forward to fall?
Sort of, yes.  But I don't want to rush summer.  When fall comes, I'm probably going to miss shorts-wearing weather, swimming, and the break from school.  :)
  1. What are the three best colors for you to wear, and the three worst?
I think the three best colors are probably brown, blue, and...maybe red?  I don't think I look very good in green, yellow, or orange.  Or maybe I just don't like those colors as much.  ;)
  1. What is your favorite kind of juice? If you are not into juice, you can tell us your favorite flavor of soda, tea, coffee, Tang, mud, etc.
I'm not really into juice now, but I guzzled down apple juice and white grape juice when I was a toddler.  ;)  Now I loooove lemonade.  :)
  1. Have you ever been in the hospital (at least an overnight)? You don't need to share the ailment, but tell us what the longest time is.
Lol, how ironic!  I just got out of the hospital today.  I'm so thankful and happy to be home.  For those who don't know, I have acute recurrent idiopathic pancreatitis.  Basically, I have recurring episodes of pancreatitis and the doctors don't know why.  This time it was just a short, 2-day stay (thank You, Jesus!), but I've had to stay about eight or nine days before. 


  1. Do jingles, songs from ads, and TV or movie themes stick in your head? Do you find yourself singing them? (This question means that I'm trying to find out if I'm the only crazy person who sings quirky stuff!)
YES.  Luke watches these shows that have the most annoying, but catchy, theme songs ever.  Bob the Builder, Super Why, Justin Time, and Wild Kratts, just to name a few.  ;)


God bless you guys and have a great day!  :)
Joy :)

5 comments:

Bella said...

Love this! I will have to do it! Hehee, you still look so pretty even in the hospital! :P

-Belle

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

Now I'm singing Justin Time! Lol!

I am looking forward to fall, but not really rushing it either...then Christmas rolls around too fast. I like to savor fall and Christmas! :)

Love you! 10!
MOM

Anonymous said...

Love this post!!! I am so glad your feeling better! Oh, and your hair... Is ADORABLE! Your in a hospital and you look amazing!

Patrice said...

I'm so glad you are out of the hospital! Not a nice place to be. I read your "about me" and you seem like such a nice girl. We are Christians and we home school.My oldest is in college, but I still home school my other three daughters.I recognize your mom from her blog.I agree with her comment about liking to savor fall and Christmas. Blessings!Stay well and visit another chat. I put them up every Tuesday. :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy...I forgot to tell you that I think you look very pretty in that hospital gown. You make the hospital gown look fashionable... :)

Love you! 10!
MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs