Monday, April 29, 2013

Pinned It, Made It! Monday ~ Sharpie Nail Designs

Hi, everyone!  :)  It's been a little while since I've participated in Pinned It, Made It! Monday, but I wanted to share this nail design trick!  :)  It's so neat.....


Pinned It, Made It! Monday is a linky party hosted by mama on her blog, Country Girl at Home, so that bloggers could share what they're pinning and making and to encourage us to actually try out what we pin.  :)  Click on the button above to go to my mama's blog and see what she and others are pinning and making, or to join the party yourself!

*******************************************************

So, I saw this pin on Pinterest and thought it was a great idea, but at first I wasn't sure if it was really a good idea.  I mean, really?  Using a sharpie on your nail?

Via Pinterest
But after a while, I decided to try it.  I was on the look out for gold sharpies at Walmart, and they finally showed up.  I bought a two-pack of gold sharpies and a bottle of rubbing alcohol and tried it on Wednesday night.  I pained my nails red and then used the gold sharpie to make polka dots.

Via my Instagram
Here's my verdict:

I think it will work really well if you make sure the nail polish you're using under the sharpie is completely dry.  I guess mine was still a little sticky and it messed it up a bit.  But overall, it worked out well.  And they're right; before you put the top coat on, you can use rubbing alcohol to get the sharpie off.  And once you're ready to take all of it off, it comes off pretty easily with nail polish remover (though you might have to use some rubbing alcohol then, too).  

Now I'm wondering if any sharpie will work well on nails the way this one did.  It couldn't just be the gold sharpie, could it?  Hmmm....

God bless you guys and have a great week!  :)
Joy :)

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

I think your nails are darling. I know I was a little skeptical when I heard "sharpie" on the nails, but it did work and was pretty too! And you just can't beat red with anything on it! lol!

Thanks for participating in Pinned it, Made it Monday!

Love you! 10!
MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy. What a cute idea! I've been in the process of moving and I'm just catching up. Have a blessed day.

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs