Thursday, November 15, 2012

Faithful Fridays ~ Like Binoculars

It's Friday...which means it's time for Faithful Friday!  :)


Faithful Fridays is a weekly "meme" hosted on my blog.  I made it so that Christians would have a designated day (Friday) to share something from their Christian walk on their blog.  If you'd like to participate, write your post, grab the Faithful Friday button from my "Faithful Friday" page, and come link up at the bottom of this post!  :)

***************************************************************

Have you ever looked out of binoculars the wrong way?  You know, backwards?  Where instead of small, far-away things becoming big and magnified, everything looks super far away?

Have you ever had a problem that just springs itself up and becomes big and magnified and blown out of control and completely throws you off-balance?  


You start worrying and worrying.

Or maybe it's a dream, even.  

Or something else.  Something that seems huge and big and amazingly important to you on this earth.

But I think it's important that we step back and get a different perspective (or perspection, as my friend would say).  I'll be honest here, I can be a bit of a *cough* drama queen at times (yes, yes, I know you're grinning right about now, Mama....I just have a good imagination!) and I tend to get overly upset over things that are actually going to be all right.  You know, like "Oh my gosh, my world is falling apart" cry-in-the-mirror upset.  Don't look at me like that, you know you've done it, too.  

Only to realize, later on, that things weren't nearly as bad as you made them out to be.  Or this dream wasn't as important as you thought it was.  You moved on.  

Hindsight is 50/50, right?

I remember reading a while back that if you're stressed out or worried about something, to step back and ask yourself, "Will this make a difference in ten minutes or ten years?"  Act accordingly.

When we really look at things in an eternal light, we start to realize what matters and what doesn't.

Those dreams that were so important end up seeming a bit selfish and even worldly.

That huge problem turns out to be not such a big deal.  After all, this world is not our home.  Jesus is all that matters.


Stop.  Step back.  Pray.  Say thank you.  I don't care if your picnic got rained on, thank God for the water that gives your plants a drink!  Find the bright side in things and keep thanking God for everything you can.  Little by little, as you continue to trust Him, He will make those earthly things seem tiny and unimportant in His light and strength.

"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

-1 Thessalonians 5:18


Talk to God.  Let Him turn those binoculars backwards and make everything small.


Have a great day and God bless you!
Joy :)



5 comments:

retha said...

Humans think they themselves are the 'greatest' The more we become less the more we will know and see, GOD AM

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

An excellent post Joy!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What words of wisdom, Joy! Wonderful post! Your posts always bless me....and yes I was grinning at the drama queen remark.....just a tiny little teensy weensy bit. :)

Love you! 10!
MOM

Alexandra Marie said...

You have a great blog! Following <3 Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Grace said...

Hi Joy!

I loved this post. I am totally this way sometimes. Oh, and don't worry- I have the cry-in-the-mirror scene quite often(:
Life seems so complicated, but when we focus about eternity, all we need to worry about is Jesus and His kingdom! Thanks for the reminder(:

xoxoxo
Grace

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs