1. I've been in the hospital. Stomach issues again! I'm home and much better now. :) We did, however, miss Halloween as a result. Maybe...I dressed up as a patient? :)
2. Yesterday was the election...let me just say that we had hoped for a new president, but it didn't turn out that way. America needs to stand up and fight for what they believe in before it's too late.
3. Yesterday was the day of our Harvest party at the homeschool group, where a little boy named Dunnivan gave an awesome prayer, touching on the election....I have to say, those homeschoolers are smart. :)
4. I plan/hope to start blogging more!
5. Almost of all of our Christmas decorations are up now! We put up our tree the day before Halloween. :P It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (you know you just sang that--you didn't read it)! Now, if we can just get a Scotty McCreery Christmas CD....
6. I entered and won a Harvest Art contest yesterday. :)
7. While I was in the hospital, I got to see my friend Brandon again. I hate that we only see each other in the hospital, but....it was good to see him doing better than when I first met him. We also met Skylar, a 15-year-old boy who had a liver transplant and has been having some complications from it.
8. Luke dressed up as a firefighter last night. He told me my house (the dining room) was on fire and that I needed to stand right here (right outside the dining room) and wait. He said there were people that needed to be rescued. Then, I started walking away from the place to which I was appointed to stand (how dare I), and he said, "You can go shop if you like!" Because....everyone goes and shops while firefighters put out the fire in their house and rescue people. :P
9. A few minutes after that, Luke asked me to make "superhero glasses" for him out of pipe cleaners and donned a
10. The new Captain America movie is coming out in April 2014! So far away. :( Still, though. So excited. EXCITED, YA'LL. :D Oh, and here's a hint...as far as I know, Bucky is back...and he's the Winter Soldier.
11. I'm taking pointe ballet now with my friend Weslea! :) Loving it. :D
12. This month is National Adoption Month. There are so many beautiful children just waiting and waiting....
|13-year-old Andie from China (missing left hand and hepatitis B).|
|4-year-old Aiden from China (post-operative hydrocepalus).|
|20-months-old Kate from China (severe malnutrition).|
|13-year-old Dylan from China (healthy older boy). Dylan was found when he was 6 years old, by himself, crying that his parents didn't want him anymore.|
|2-year-old Shiloh from China (post-operative meningocele and hydrocephalus).|
There are so, so many more. Please email me at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more! :)
13. It's snowing in Rhode Island. Guys. That's not fair. Anyone else getting snow yet?
14. I have a new favorite word: adorkable. :)
15. I love this.
16. I'm hoping to give you guys a look into my fangirl side pretty soon. :)
17. A smile for you. :)
19. This is one of the first "rambling" posts I've ever really written. I prefer to call it an "update." :)
20. Do you need prayer for something? Let me know in a comment below! I'd love to pray for you. :)
God bless you and have a great night!
Sweetpea AKA Joy :)