Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pinned It, Made It! Monday ~ Color Your Bobbi Pins!

Hi everyone!  Today I'm linking up with my mama for Pinned It, Made It! Monday.  Pinned It, Made It, Monday! is a weekly meme where we share something from Pinterest that we actually followed through with.  ;)





Today I wanted to show you this really neat way to color your bobbi pins!

Tired of black, shiny, dull bobbi pins?  

Nail polish to the rescue!  :)

The original pin.
Get your regular bobbi pins ready.  I put them on the piece of cardboard they came on, but any piece of cardboard will do.  :)




























Break out your nail polish...










And start painting!  It's so easy...


The tutorial doesn't show that you need to do both sides, but I did.  So after a while of painting and waiting for the pins to dry and painting some more and waiting some more, I finally got the finished product....



What you should know about doing this:
-If you're like me, you will get nail polish all over the cardboard.  Don't sweat it.  :)
-The bobbi pins will be a bit flaky at first, but it wears off after a little while.

This was a really neat idea.  The bobbi pins are darling...a perfect little touch.  :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it for today!  Have a great day and God bless!  :)
Joy

9 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Joy,

Thank you for participating in Pinned it, Made it! Monday! I thought your bobbi pins turned out really cute and they looked cute in your hair for church. I would have never thought of nail polish for painting them!

Love you! 10!

MOM

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! Thats SUPER cool! I'm totally gonna try that when I get home from China!
Emma

Wendi said...

Cute! I will have to share this my nieces. They use bobbi pins all the time.

Enjoy your day!

Rebekah said...

That is a awesome idea Joy! I think I will try that one day.
God bless,
Rebekah

Pendleton Primitives said...

Found your blog through your momma and I love this craft. I know what my daughter will be doing today!
~Christina

Karen said...

That's a great idea! Amber (my daughter) is going to love this :)

Tanya Breese said...

well that's a cool idea! i'll have to pin this for my daughter...i wonder if you spray them with a lacquer if it would help prevent the chipping?

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Thanks for joining my blog! I love this Idea!! SOOOOOO cute! I am soo going to try it!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I just called Emily (Teen for the Lord) in to see this project and saw that she did it yesterday after seeing it on your blog!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs