Saturday, April 14, 2012

(Late) Faithful Fridays ~ October Baby

Hi everyone!  Well...it's Saturday...and you know what that means!  Wait, no, no, you don't.  I should have done this post a day earlier!  :)  I'm very sorry about that!  As a lot of you know, my grandpa (known as PawPaw)'s cancer has gotten really bad.  We've had a lot of family coming in and things have been quite hectic.  :)



I started Faithful Fridays so that Christians could have one designated day (although, of course, we shouldn't have to keep it to one day) a week to share something from their Faith--a prayer request, answered prayer, Bible verse, song, poem, or just something God's laid on your heart. Just grab the button above (which unfortunately doesn't link to my blog automatically, you'll have to put the link), make your post, then leave a comment letting me know you participated! I'm trying to figure out how to get a link-up on here. Until then, I will have the links to other blogs that participate in Faithful Fridays here on my posts.

My mama participates on her blog, Country Girl at Home...

Ms. Patty participates on her blog, Blessings Beyond...

Ms. Retha participates on her blog, Retha's Rambles...

and Rachel participates on her blog, Stand Out Don't Fit In.

                                                     ~*~

A week or two ago, my family went to see October Baby on its opening night.



This movie is amazing.  Powerful.  Encouraging.  Really inspiring.  Definitely one of the best movies that's been out since Courageous.  I love this movie!

Here's the trailer:



Here's the synopsis:

"You saw me before I was born." Psalm 139:16 (NLT)


As the curtain rises, Hannah hesitantly steps onto the stage for her theatrical debut in college. Yet before she can utter her first lines, Hannah—unscripted—collapses in front of the stunned audience.

After countless medical tests, all signs point to one underlying factor: Hannah's difficult birth. This revelation is nothing compared to what she then learns from her parents: she was actually adopted … after a failed abortion attempt.

Bewildered, angered, and confused, Hannah turns for support to Jason, her oldest friend. Encouraged by his adventurous spirit, Hannah joins his group of friends on a Spring Break road trip, embarking on a journey to discover her hidden past … and find hope for her unknown future.

In the midst of her incredible journey, Hannah finds that life can be so much more than what you have planned.

                                                  ~*~
 
This movie stars some of the bigger stars like John Schneider as Hannah's dad, Jacob...
 
 
 
and Jasmine Guy as the former abortion clinic nurse, Mary.
 
 
And a few newer stars such as the beautiful Rachel Hendrix as Hannah herself...
 
 




 
And Jason Burkey as Jason.
 

And then you have Jennifer Price as Hannah's mom, Grace...


and Shari Rigby as Hannah's birthmother, Cindy.


And I cannot tell you how awesome Chris Sligh was as B-Mac.  You might remember Chris Sligh from American Idol in 2007.


B-Mac is the cousin of Truman, Jason's friend.  B-Mac "chaperones" the group that Hannah joins on a roadtrip in this pretty cute hippie van.  :)  Let me just say that the funniest scenes star  B-Mac.  :P
There's Truman and B-Mac there in the van.  :)
And for you guys who have seen Courageous...

Javier (Robert Amaya) plays a small part in October Baby as a police officer (ironic, right?)!  :)


The movie opens with this line:

"I'm Hannah and this is my story.  And...it's not what you think."

We're off to see it again this evening with my friend, Christina, and my grandparents.  I encourage you to grab a friend (or two, or three, or four...) and go see it!  In the meantime, here's a bit more about the movie:

-It's based on Gianna Jessen's story.  Gianna survived a saline abortion and now travels around the world, advocting for life and for Jesus Christ.  Of the movie, Gianna said:

"I laughed so hard, I cried so hard, and I healed.  Thank you."

It's been reviewed by Francesca Battistelli, Mark Hall (from Casting Crowns), and others.

Abortion is killing children, and while this movie is about more than abortion--it's about choosing forgiveness, choosing love, and choosing life--it is raising much needed awareness about abortion and all of its effects on the people involved.  We need to see it, and support it.  We need to get the word out about it, because it can change--and save--lives.

Have a great day, everyone!
God bless you!
Joy :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this movie the day it came out! It was soooooo sad! I don't think I've ever cried so much during a movie!
Emma

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

It was pretty powerful the first time we saw it. But I think this second time, knowing a little more about the background, certain scenes were all the more powerful and emotional to me. Definitely a must see movie. A life changing movie and thought provoking.

Thank you for the awesome review on it and for enouraging others to spend their "movie time" on films such as this!

I love you! 10!

MOM

Oh and you already know...but I participated in F. Friday (a day late)! :)

Susannah said...

Hello Joy....I thank you for encouraging me to see this movie. I was thinking that maybe my granddaughter (she is your age) and I could watch this movie together. Thank you for "Faithful Fridays!"

Emma's blogging friend said...

Wow! That movie sounds really interesting! Thank you very much for sharing a little bit about it with us!

Mikki said...

Thank you for the review, I really want to see this movie!

Anonymous said...

Dear Joy
I love your post. Your posts are so nice. I like to read them all the time. I hope your family is doing very well.


Madelyn

Aidyl Ewoh said...

I’ve seen different things about October Baby, and it looks like a really good movie!
~Aidyl
www.aidylewoh.blogspot.com

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs