Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Heaven is for Real ~ Booksneeze Book Review


"Heaven is for real, and you're going to like it!"

I was able to review this book by Todd and Sonja Burpo through Booksneeze.

Heaven is For Real (for Kids) is, of course, the kid version of the book Heaven is for Real by Todd and Sonja Burpo.  In this book, Colton Burpo (who is now twelve years old), tells at a child's level how, when he was just about four years old, he "closed his eyes and opened them"--and he was in Heaven! 

I read this book to my 3 year old little brother.  I think this was a bit of a new concept to him and he was still trying to process it.  He didn't ask me any questions, but we did do a quick review at the end and I think that helped him.  I am a teen and I think this book is great for both kids and teens alike because of it being written on a child's level.  There is Scripture at the bottom of almost every page that show that Colton's accounts of Heaven do coincide with the Bible's accounts. 

Colton also remembers that Jesus told him how you get to Heaven--"believe in Him and follow Him".  Colton also remembers that Jesus told him that "that makes God very happy". 

Last but not least, Colton emphasizes that "Jesus really, really loves children.  And Jesus really, really loves you!"

I highly recommend this book for any child!  There is a wonderful section in the back that answers questions that a lot of kids ask about the book--things like "Can you get lost on the way to Heaven?" and "Do we really get wings in Heaven?"

This review is my opinion of the book Heaven is for Real (for Kids).

I review for BookSneeze®

4 comments:

Go Bold said...

I read that book too..its a good book

I'm glad you got the chance to review it!

--Rachel

Heather (JesusChick) said...

Sounds like a really good book! Hopefully I can find it at my library sometime soon! :)

Never So Simple said...

Jessica and Eleni gave me this book for Christmas. I can't wait to read it.

Donna

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Joy,

Great review! Thanks for reading the book to Luke! You're a great big sister and a wonderful book reviewer! I'm sure it wasn't much of a chore using the new I-pad, though! :)

I love you! 10!

MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs