Friday, October 21, 2011

Faithful Fridays ~ K-Love

Happy Friday everyone! 

I started Faithful Fridays so that Christians could have one designated day a week (although I don't think they should keep it to just one day) to share something about their Faith--a prayer request, answered prayer, Bible verse, something God's laid on your heart, etc.  To participate in Faithful Fridays, just grab the button above for your post along with a link to my blog somewhere in your post, too.  After you've published your post, please come let me know in your comment that you participated and leave me a link to your blog.  I'd love to come read your post!

Have you ever heard of K-Love?  It's a nation-wide commercial-free radio station that plays nothing but encouraging, challenging, and convicting Christian music, as well as encouraging Scripture and news and such.  I believe it even broadcasts overseas in some countries.

I really encourage you to check out their website and find the station near you!  K-Love recently had one of its pledge drives (they have a few every year).  I wish I had posted about it during their pledge drive, but I guess it just didn't click with me! 

But K-Love made an announcement that is just really challenging--of all of K-Love's listeners across the nation, only 5% ever donate to K-Love.  The other 95% don't do a thing. 

Isn't that sad?  A great Christian ministry isn't supported by all of its listeners; just a mere 5%.  The reality is, a lot of Christian ministries have this same issue.

So today, I encourage you to give--somehow.  Whether it be to K-Love or to foreign missions or to a neighbor in need or to something else, just give.

Today's post will be pretty short because my friend Christina will be here at about 10:00.  Like I said on my last post, we're going to go stay in a cabin!  Yippee!  :)

I want to share a few of my favorite Christian songs with you--a lot of which I've heard on K-Love.  Some are encouraging.  Some are convicting.  Some are challenging.  Other just make you think and/or praise our Awesome Creator.

So first, an all time favorite at our house, is Hold Me by J*mie Grace (featuring T*bymac)

Next is This is the Stuff by F*ancesca Ba*tistelli. Can I get an amen? :)

And then there is Do Ever*thing by S*even Curtis C*apman. We LOVE this song!

And this song is SO convicting and inspiring. It's Give Me Yo*r Eyes by B*andon Hea*h.

And here is another one by B*andon Hea*h. It's Yo* Put the Light in Me.

And this is Move by M*rcyme. Doesn't have a great tune and great words? It's so catchy! In fact, my daddy just started dancing to it! :)

And last but not least is M*de to Lo*e by Tobym*c. This is another great, convicting song!

Have a blessed rest of the week!

Joy :D


Anonymous said...

Joy love the song by Jamie Grace. Right know I'm listening to Toby Mac. I love your faithful Fridays. They always cheer me up.


Blessed Beyond said...

You are such a beautiful and encouraging young lady! I really am proud of who you are! You are a great role model to other young girls and even adults! You really are a special blessing! I have my Faithful Friday's post up finally. Hope your trip is going well!
Hugs and Love,

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Joy!

I had to start singing each one of those when I read the titles! K Love is such a blessing! I am proud that we are now part of the 5%! :) God is really using K Love to reach people! And now we get to be part of that!

I love you! 10!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs