Sunday, July 17, 2011

Journal Entries from China-Part 2-

A while back, I posted entries from the journal I took to China.  Now I'm back with Part 2!  This is NOT the journal series that I started writing.  These are my REAL journal entries from while I was in China. 
This is where it got tough.  The delay to Bejing really got to me.  I was afraid of not getting to China and being stranded in Japan!  I was soo excited building up to getting to Tokyo, and then...erm....it all melted away in worry!  Lol.  I prayed and prayed and prayed and PRAYED that night, and God took us through it!  I wish I had it to do over again...maybe I could have enjoyed it a little more!



(Ok, now for the actual entries!  Continued from where I left off, within same entry)


Wow. The asian girl's nails are sooo cuuutee! Haha. Mom and dad are asleep. I slept on the plane to San Fransisco, so I'm not very sleepy. They are out cold. Lol. I can't wait until I can get wifi and email my friends! I also can't wait until we get to the Beijing Airport and see a Chinese Guide holding a sign that says "Jason and Tammy."  I'm pretty excited about Tokyo, too. 

Joy

Next Day, 4:01 AM 

Dear Journal,

Well the unexpected has happened. Due to storms in Bejing, our flight yesterday to Beijing was moved to 6:00 AM today. We are staying in the Port Hotel. It's so scary being in Japan. What with the tricked out toilets(they spray you afterwards! And the flush is WEIRD!), the people that speak all languages BUT English, and the signs are so weird...Bleh. But across the room from us is PING! We met Ping in the waiting area for our flight. She's like family now. She helped us with our Chinese because she was born and raised in China. She is a student in San Fransisco now, and has been for 7 years. She's soooo nice. We lost her and I was so worried but then someone was knocking on our door and I opened it a little and saw her and I flung it open and yelled, "PING!!!" and hugged her. She's over here using mom's makeup. She didn't bring any extra clothes or anything. She's soo nice. We got her number/email. Asian girls are like...Fashion icons. Gotta go,

Joy

Same Day 6:16 AM

Dear Journal,

On the way to Beijing!! It already cold, and we haven't taken off yet! There is a very fashionable young asian girl sitting on the right of me. Ping is a bathroom and 2 seats behind us. GEEZ people keep slamming the overhead bins....Gotta put my Journal away. See ya.

Joy

Same Day 11:27 AM

Dear Journal,

We just arrived in our hotel room at the WangFuJing Grand Hotel. Vanessa brought us here. Our actual Guide will meet us here at 1:30 PM. My stomach feels weird. I'm praying really hard I don't have a flare-up. I think last night in Tokoyo I got wrecked up because I was so scared. Now I'm worried about Ping. We had to leave her behind at the airport. We have her email and Chinese number, so maybe we can get in touch. I'm gonna go now. Bye!

Joy

June 20th, 2010.  3:36 PM
Father's Day
Gotcha Day

Dear Journal,

Within 45 minutes, we will be getting our new family member!  I'm so excited, hyper, happy, and loopy!  Luke is about to meet his "Foreign Mother" and "Foreign Father" and new JieJie in a matter of minutes!  I can sit int he window sill and watch the cars and bikes go by...it's so peaceful.  I have to go now...so excited!

Love,
Joy

Monday, June 28th, 2010. 

Dear journal,

We've had Luke for eight days, and I haven't written.  Sorry!  So instead of writing all this to look at latr in life, go to here:  http://www.journeytome.com/.  Then go find Luke w/BAAS.  I met a twelve year old girl at the museum then saw her again at Lucy's (good food!) and exchanged hotels.  She's being adopted and doesn't speak English, but we still communicate.  We're going on a cruise with them on Wednesday and going to a temple with them tomorrow.  I can't wait!  I'm friends with seven year olds (new big sisters!) Anna and Iris.  Our guide Aron is so sweet.  She's my buddy.  I'm also friends with an adopted girl (Laila)'s cousin, Katie.  David and Stacie and Kim and Chuck are here in Guangzhou. 

Love,
Joy


The breakfast bar at our hotel in Guangzhou...pretty good!
 Tuesday, June 29th, 2010.  2:33 PM

Dear Journal,

Right now I'm in Subway with Mom, Dad, Luke, Kim, Chuck, Shiloh, and Mr. YeYe.  Aron, our guide, came by at 1:30 to do some paperwork with us, then Kim and Chuck came by.  Some girls just stopped by the window at our table and took a picture with me through the window!  Ordering is taking forever!  We're going shopping soon, yay! 

Love,
Joy

Wednesday, June 30th, 2010.  12:00 PM

Dear Journal,

I'm on a subway with Mom, Dad, and Luke and everyone else and their mother!  It's so crowded!  Lol!  Ugh, I hate subways.  Luke does too.  I'm hungry. 

Love,
Joy
********************************************************

Hope you enjoyed!  Keep checking back for more!  Part 3 will be starting with the train station where we boarded a train for Hong Kong. 
God bless you!
Joy

1 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh that brought back so many memories! In some ways, part of it seems like a blur! I miss China and I know one day we'll go back! Glad you recorded your thoughts! That's my girl!

I love you! Have a great week!

10!
MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs