Saturday, May 1, 2010

Homemade....

I'll bet you couldn't guess what THIS is by looking at it....



It's lip gloss! Homemade! I got the original recipe from Ana at Girls Corner! She hasn't posted in a while, but I was going down through the blogs I follow, and I saw a post from a while ago called "What to do when you're bored". I was TOTALLY BORED. I had been playing outside almost all day, so I looked through the recipes and stuff to see what she had. We didn't have liquid starch or cornstarch, so I made the lipgloss. My first attempt ended up like the above! It's a redish color. It's cute, don't get me wrong, but not my kinda gloss. What I did with this one: I got vaseline, honey, a sample size portion of Mary Kay's "Simply Pink" lipstick, and red food coloring. I mixed it all together(With a straw)....and VOILA! All credit to Ana! If you wanted it really red, you could use red lipstick.

Then, for this one.....



My personal FAVORITE lip gloss of ALl time, I did the same thing, but instead of red food coloring, I put three samples of "Simply Pink!". So, it gave a shiny pink color. Mom even put some on! Simply Pink is like a lightish pink, but it's kind of bold too. So anything like that would work.

So that's about as crafty as I can get.....Maybe I'll attempt something a little harder later on. But until then, enjoy!

Love and Blessings,
Joy

**So I was thinking about starting another Diary Story like I made forever ago. In your comment, tell me which "Adventure" I should do! Here are the choices: Missionary, Egyptian, Chinese, Spanish moving to America, Colonial Times. Help me decide!**

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a fun thing to try. I love when we can make things from scratch like that.

You have so many great choices for your next diary series.... I think I like Egyptian or even Colonial times.

Take Care,
Debbie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

I really did like that pink lip gloss! Great job on it!

Hmmm...I like all your choices, but I will have to say Colonial times or maybe Missionary.

Love you! 10!
MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs