Friday, August 8, 2014

Faithful Fridays: Why Last Friday Was the Last.

I started Faithful Fridays in 2009, when my blog was just a newborn and I used about 60 exclamation points in each post.  :)  At the end of last week I posted my last Faithful Fridays post.  I wanted to let you guys know why.




It's not because....

I'm giving up on it.

(I'm no quitter.)

Or....

I don't want to hear about you guys and your walk with Jesus.

(Of course I do; that's the community of blogging!)

It's also not because....

I don't want to talk about Jesus and how I'm doing life with Him on my blog.

(That will always be pretty much the biggest topic on my blog, because Jesus is the biggest thing in my life.)

The basic reason is that I feel like I can bring more to my blog without keeping up with a link-up.  I want to bring my blog back to a place of simplicity.  I've never worked at my best under a time limit or schedule (that, my writing friends, is why I failed at NaNoWriMo).  I'm always late.  And sometimes, having to keep up with writing a certain thing at a certain time can make my blog feel like a chore, and I don't want that to happen.  I want my posts to flow out of a creative place, so that they can be enjoyable both to you and to me, not frantic and hurried each week.

So I hope that as I bring Faithful Fridays to a close, for now at least (who knows what could happen down the road), you all are understanding, and you won't stop coming to visit and read and share here as I embark on a new season on my blog.  I'm so thankful for all of you who have faithfully participated over the years I've been doing Faithful Fridays...it means a lot, and I'm so glad to have "met" you all!  :)

God bless and much love,
Joy :)

9 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

I totally remember when you used 60 !!!!!!!!!!!!! in every post [smile]. Good times. May God continue to bless you and grow you as you improve in writing, blogging, and all the other gifts He has given you.

~Luke

Breanna said...

I'm excited to see whats coming next ;) your very talented Joy, keep up the good work!!!

Lauren said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the beautiful blog award. I know a lot of people are super busy, especially because school is starting up again, so please don't feel like you have to do it!
-Lauren :)

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Good reasons Joy!
I've been concerned because your mom's not been posting. If you or she would like me to pray about something, please e-mail me at

lane dot family at yahoo dot com .

I'm going to pray tonight.

Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Lauren said...

I love how you are bringing your blog to a "place of simplicity" because I completely understand how blogging can feel like a chore if you have deadlines. I am excited to read your blog more this school year, and my brother who is adopted from China is named Luke as well! It seems to be a popular name ;)
-Lauren

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

And it's totally okay to do it this way, Joy. Change is okay. The important thing is sharing Jesus, and I know that will always be you! :)

Tammy

Ty said...

I'm sad to see it come to a close, but excited for what the future of your blog holds. :)

I just want to tell you how much of a blessing you and FF's have been to me. I am forever changed because of the wisdom you would write out every Friday. Thank you! :)

I love your new blog design!!

Blessings and hugs,
Ty

PS-
I nominated you for the Sunflower Blog Award.
http://life-of-ty.blogspot.com/2014/08/sunflowers-blog-award-nominations.html

Jazzmin said...

Hi Joy :)
I have been meaning to comment on this post since I first got to read it and it's the perfect chance now because I also want to reply to your comment you left on my blog yesterday.
I was sad to read that you weren't doing Faithful Fridays anymore because I have loved reading your thoughts and linking with everyone, but I am excited to see what God has planned for your blog. I so respect your decision because I know blogging can really become less simple when there are time limits and I know that it doesn't matter when you post, you will always be a light for the Lord and someone your readers can count on to point them toward Him. I want to say that I am so thankful for your wonderful thoughts and inspiring faith that you have shared every Friday since I've been following you and before. You are always an encouragement.

Thank you for the wonderful comment you left me yesterday... it's always great to read your comments and see how we can relate to each other on different things in our walks with God. It is also a blessing to get to read your words, the way you bring out other points I hadn't thought of or make me think of something like I hadn't before. I also want to thank you for your kindness and prayers about my Aunt- your thoughtfulness means so much, Joy. I am so very sorry to hear about your Aunt. Please know I will be praying for her and thinking of her and your whole family!! May the Lord heal her!

God bless you, Joy.
Love and blessings to you!
~Jazzmin

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I want you to know that I'm praying for you and your momma and your family tonight. It's concerned me that you two stopped blogging so suddenly. Has there been a tragedY?

If you want to reply directly,
lauraofharvestlane@gmail.com.

Blessings,
Laura Lane

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs