Monday, July 29, 2013

Plot Twist!


Plot twist!

I'm in the hospital.  Which is why I have two posts on my blog today.

I woke up on Sunday with pretty bad stomach pain.  As the day progressed, it got a bit better.  The next morning (today), I woke up and thought it was better--just something that would blow over--but then I ate breakfast.  :P  Pain after eating is a sure sign of pancreatitis, and this was some severe pain.  So, long story short, we called our GI doctor (who is so very sweet and awesome), and got blood work done.  My enzymes are elevated, but not nearly as elevated as they were back in February.

And I went almost six months without a bout....that's a record and we're thankful for it!  :)

Me and my favorite doctor before I was admitted.  :)
Anyway, the pain isn't nearly as bad as it was in February, so we're hoping this will be a short stay.  Prayers would be appreciated!  :)  I'm thankful that nothing big is going on right now--although I wish it wasn't so close to my parents' anniversary!  And I'm thankful that it's not a bad case.  There's a lot to be thankful for!  :)

God bless you guys and have a great day!  :)
Joy :)

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I'll be praying for you, Joy!

Bella said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better! Prayers here! Thanks for the update!

-Belle

Holly said...

Hoping you feel better soon sweet girl! Thinking of you and praying for you!

Luke Holzmann said...

Heh. I like that idea. I need to start saying "Plot Twist" [smile].

Lord, thank You that the pain isn't as bad. Heal Joy quickly and may she return home soon. Amen!

~Luke

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

to add to Luke's prayer...

"Thank you Lord for bringing Joy home so soon. We continue to pray for complete healing and we believe You for it! In Jesus name!"

Love you! 10!

Oh, and Dr. Black IS the best!
MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs