Friday, May 31, 2013

Faithful Fridays ~ The Screwtape and Wormwood in My Life

Hi there, everyone!  :)  First of all, I must apologize.  I am so, so, so, so, so sorry that I missed last week's Faithful Friday.  I feel terrible.  In fact, I've completely neglected my blog in general and I feel really bad.  I apologize!

This post is late, but better late than never, right?  :)


Faithful Fridays is a weekly linky party hosted on my blog.  I made it so that Christians could have one special day out of the week (Friday) to share something from their Christian walk on their blog.  If you'd like to participate, write your post, grab the button from the Faithful Fridays page on my blog (so that it will link back here), and come link up at the bottom of this post!  :)

********************************************************************************

I started reading "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis today.  I've been wanting to for a while, and I finally got my hands on it.  

I've only plunged into the first chapter, but I can already tell that it's going to be a fascinating, thought-provoking, creative little book.


I mean, you have to respect Mr. Lewis for taking up such a big writing job.  He's taking the part of the devil and his apprentice demon.  That's some creepy writing right there, some thin ground to tread on.

Did you know that the book is dedicated to Mr. Tolkien, the man who wrote "The Lord of the Rings"?  Mr. Tolkien brought Mr. Lewis to Jesus.  They were good friends for a long time.

The book makes you imagine (and realize) how hard the devil works.  It makes you realize how much of a liar he is.  It makes you take a look at your own life and think about what tactics the devil is using to tempt you, the struggles he's throwing at you.

And when you read it, you feel like you're getting an inside look at the devil's schemes.  You feel like you may able to get the best of him and not let him get the best of you.

Because it's true, ya'll.  Oftentimes we fall into thinking and feeling like our struggles and temptations are just beyond our control.  We feel like it's never really possible to overcome.  But the Bible tells us otherwise!

"I can do all things through him who gives me strength."
-Philippians 4:13

With Jesus, we can do anything, including overcome the devil and his schemes, and so much more.  


We do not have to fall victim to the temptations and struggles and battles that the devil throws our way!  The God of angel armies is on our side!  

"So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
-Isaiah 41:10

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

Go out into the world and know that God is with you.  He is ever-present by your side.  He is holding your hand.  He is Emmanuel, God with us.

God bless you guys and have a great weekened!  :)
Joy :)

1 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Okay, Joy, if you must read this book without me, you better hurry because I want to read it! :) Glad we found it at the book sale Friday! Enjoy! Love you!

MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs