Friday, August 31, 2012

Faithful Fridays ~ It's a PRIVILEGE.

Hey everyone!  It's Friday again.  :)

Faithful Fridays is a weekly "meme" hosted on my blog.  I made it so that Christians would have a designated day (Friday) to share something from their Christian walk on their blog.  If you'd like to participate, grab the button above, write your post, and link up at the bottom of this post!  :)

I was reading in my devotional the other day, and something kind of just hit me.

I don't think I really ever caught this before--I never really thought about it.  Before Jesus died on the cross, you had to go into a temple and ask forgiveness for their sins.  Even then, you had to stand behind a curtain and have a priest speak for you because--remember!--we were (and still are, if we don't put our trust in Jesus) separated from God because of the sin we were born into.

You had to go into the temple to learn about God and His Law.  There were no Bibles.  No way to get your spiritual fill at home like we can now.

But the Bible says that when God sent His One and Only Son to die on the cross as the Ultimate Sacrifice, the curtain that divided us from God's presence in the temple was SPLIT IN HALF.  Think about that for a second.  Think about what that symbolizes.

I often feel obligated to read my Bible and my devotional and pray and do all this stuff, when really--guys, it's a privilege!  We should feel blessed that we are able to come to Jesus at any time of the day, anywhere, no matter what the circumstances, and no matter what our condition--both spiritually and physically.  It's amazing, isn't it?  The God who formed the world with His hands allows us to freely visit Him!
Image via Pinterest.
So today, please be thankful for this awesome privilege we have--the privilege of coming to God whenever we need to.

                                                                        *********
I also wanted to ask you guys to be praying for my mama today--she started feeling really bad yesterday and it's gotten pretty bad--she has fever, a headache, and earlier her whole body ached and she's been throwing up.  :(

God bless you and have a great day!
Joy :)

1 comments:

Noelle said...

Thanks for this post! Totally agree ; )

Noelle : )

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs