Friday, May 11, 2012

Faithful Fridays ~ CAN

Hi everyone!  I'm finally able to get back to doing Faithful Fridays, and today I wanted to share something from the year-round devotional book I've been reading this year, Jesus Calling (for kids) by Sarah Young.



I started Faithful Fridays so that Christians could have one designated day (although, of course, we shouldn't have to keep it to one day) a week to share something from their Faith--a prayer request, answered prayer, Bible verse, song, poem, or just something God's laid on your heart. Just grab the button above (which unfortunately doesn't link to my blog automatically, you'll have to put the link), make your post, then leave a comment letting me know you participated! I'm trying to figure out how to get a link-up on here. Until then, I will have the links to other blogs that participate in Faithful Fridays here on my posts.


My mama participates on her blog, Country Girl at Home...


Ms. Patty participates on her blog, Blessings Beyond...


Ms. Retha participates on her blog, Retha's Rambles...


and Rachel participates on her blog, Stand Out Don't Fit In.


                                                     ~*~
Life can be stressful.  Problems arise a lot.  So many times, we have days that nothing goes right.  It may be the little things--you forget to turn off a light and run up the electricity bill.  You lose your phone.  You spill a drink all over the floor.  Your kids make a toy-tornado  site out of your living room.  Here's a common one: You're late.  You don't have time to make up your bed or clean you house before you leave, and come home to a messy house.  All these small things, when put together, can be so frustrating, right?! 


Or maybe it's something big.  For me, recently, it was going in the hospital.  You may not get the job you need.  You might lose a loved one.  Or have a conflict with a family member or close friend.  There are so many things in this world that can be so frustrating, irritating, stressful, and angering!  But there's a key word in there: can be.  These problems can throw you out of shape.  They can bend you until you're ready to cry.  They can make you miserable. 


Via Pinterest
But there's a different route that you can take.  Sarah Young said it really well when she wrote the devotion entry for May 8th in Jesus Calling for kids:

Smile in the Face of Trouble

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
--Philippians 4:13

Don't waste your time wishing away all your problems.  In this world, you will have problems.  That's just the way 
it is here.  But rejoice and be thankful!  Why?  Because you're My child, and that means you have an eternity of problem-free living waiting for you--in Heaven.  No one can take that awesome future away from you!  

And while you are here on earth, I will equip you for whatever troubles come your way.  Start each day by asking for My help.  Tell Me everything that is worrying you, and I will guide you through your troubles.  I promise.

Try to see problems as I see them--challenges that you and I can handle together.  Challenges that will make you stronger.  Remember, together you and I can do anything--even smile in the face of trouble.

And the other verses from that day were: 

 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

-John 16:33

and

For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand 
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.

-Isaiah 41:13

Have a problem?  Try to look at it as a chance to trust God and turn it into something that will make you stronger.  Try to look at them like God looks at them: challenges that two can handle together.

Via Pinterest
God bless you and have a great day!
Joy :)





0 comments:

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs