Friday, February 3, 2012

Faithful Fridays ~ Constant

It's Friday again!  Today's been a bit of a full day, so I'm just now publishing my Faithful Fridays post!  Sorry about that!  We're headed to Chinese class in a few minutes--my teacher is going to let us make sticky rice balls today!  :)


I started Faithful Fridays so that Christians could have one designated day a week (although I don't think they should keep it to just one day) to share something about their Faith--a prayer request, answered prayer, Bible verse, something God's laid on your heart, etc. To participate in Faithful Fridays, just grab the button above for your post along with a link to my blog somewhere in your post, too. After you've published your post, please come let me know in your comment that you participated and leave me a link to your blog. I'd love to come read your post!


My mama participates on her blog, Country Girl at Home...

Ms. Retha participates on her blog, Retha's Rambles...

Ms. Patty participates on her blog, Blessings Beyond...

And Rachel participates on her blog, Stand In Don't Fit Out.

                                                    
                                                       ~*~

This world is constantly changing, isn't it?

In prices; grocery prices, gas prices, prices on everything!

In technology; laptops, iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches.

In fashion; short skirts, torn jeans, low-cut shirts.

In morals...well, I don't think I even have to elaborate on that one!

But yet, there are some things that don't seem to change--the sky, the moon, the stars...

And most importantly, God never changes.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

-Hebrews 13:8

Yesterday, and today, and forever--isn't that awesome?  And when we realize just how much God loves and cares for us and how He is totally and ultimately in control and will do good to those who obey His commands (isn't that an amazingly comforting thought when we tend to try to rely on our human circumstances?), we have a lot more peace of mind!

I love the song Constant by Francesca Battistelli--please don't just skim over these lyrics; really read them!

I'm just a little bit afraid of where I'm going

And it feels like a hurricane is blowing over
Though I can't find the ground below
I've lived enough to know
I've lived enough to know


You're my constant in every moment
Constant
You've never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my constant

Hear that?  He has never left our side, even when it feels like he has.  I love line from Fireproof, "Don't just follow your heart, because your heart can deceive you."  We are so often told to follow our heart when really that's not the point--we are to follow Jesus and His Word, His teachings and His commands--which are so awesomely laid out for us in the Bible.  Don't you love the Bible?  It's our own instruction book for life!

Okay I really don't like change but I can't stop it
I'm moving forward anyway with the promise
You are my anchor for my soul
That's all I need to know
That's all I need to know

Just trust that God is in control and that He can handle it even when you can't.  God doesn't promise to give us all the answers to our problems, He just promises to carry us through the struggles and sufferings, no matter what method He chooses.

You're my constant in every moment

Constant
You've never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my constant

Before I was a thought on earth
You knew me then and You gave me worth
When all of this is said and done
You will be the One I'm standing on

You're my constant in every moment
Constant
You've never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my constant

He is our never-changing, always comforting, ompletely reliable, always responsible, ultimately in-control God.  He is our Constant.

2 comments:

Go Bold said...

thats good point Joy!
have fun at your Chinese class!

--Rachel S

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

That was a wonderful and wise post!

I love this song...as you know! It is so true that Jesus is our only constant. How do people make it without Him? I wouldn't want to go a day without Him!

And there's so much packed in that one verse about Jesus being the same! Wow! That's alot to get excited about!

I love you! 10!

MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs