Thursday, January 19, 2012

Movie Quote Challenge Part 1

I saw this on a blog the other day and thought it was a great idea. 

Here's how it works.  In part 1, I list several quotes from different movies and you guess what movie they're from by commenting.  Whoever guesses correctly the most wins--which will be revealed in part 2!  :)

Here are the rules:

1. No cheating.  Don't look it up on the internet!
2. You are allowed to ask family members for help, but make sure you give them credit in your comment!  :)
3. You must name the movie and the characters' names.

A few of the quotes may be from the same movie.

Ready?  Go!

Quote 1

Character 1: Do you know how to use that thing?
Character 2: Yes, the pointy end goes into the other man.
Character 1: *sighs* This is going to take a lot of work.

Quote 2

Character 1: If you accept defeat, (Character 2's name), then that's what you'll get.

Quote 3

Character 1: I don't need easy.  I just need possible.

Quote 4

Character 1: Sorry I'm late, it's a jungle out there.  I had to beat an old lady with a stick to get these cranberries.

Quote 5

Character 1: And keep the stitches small!

Quote 6

Character 1: Why a spoon, cousin?  Why not an axe?
Character 2: Because it's DULL, you twit.  It'll hurt more!

Quote 7

Characer 1: Well.  We'll see what the man's sellin'.  THEN we'll shoot him.
Character 2: Good plan.

Quote 8

Character 1: You look like two marshmallows trying to get out of a hotwheel.

Quote 9

Character 1: What is it you want, (Character 2's name)?  What do you want?  You want the moon?  Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.  Hey.  That's a pretty good idea.  I'll give you the moon, (Character 2's name).
Character 2: I'll take it.  Then what?
Character 1: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll dissolve, see...and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair...am I talking too much?

Quote 10

Character 1: Really, (Character 2's name), suppose that man had shot you?  Is it worth risking your life for ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush, and a lipstick?
Character 2: How did you know that?
Character 1: Know what?
Character 2: You just described the exact contents of my purse.
*Character 1 peeks in purse*
Character 1: Hmm.  Uh...wild guess.

Think you know any of these?  Leave a comment and let me know! 

God bless you!
Joy :D

3 comments:

Beach Mama said...

Quote #7 is from Secondhand Lions...I don't know any of the others.

adsgram said...

#9 is George Bailey to Mary in "It's A Wonderful Life"

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

You know you had me stumped on a couple there. But since I know now I won't say them here in case someone else comes along to guess. However, there's a few I think we all know by heart! :)

What a fun post!

Love you! 10!

MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs