Friday, November 4, 2011

Faithful Fridays - Your Choice


Hi everyone!  I'm a bit late doing my Faithful Fridays post today, but here I am!  Today's post will be a little shorter than usual as we are hurrying to get school done and everyone ready--we're having school pictures taken this afternoon so we have to look extra nice.  :D

I started Faithful Fridays so that Christians could have one designated day a week (although I don't think they should keep it to just one day) to share something about their Faith--a prayer request, answered prayer, Bible verse, something God's laid on your heart, etc.  To participate in Faithful Fridays, just grab the button above for your post along with a link to my blog somewhere in your post, too.  After you've published your post, please come let me know in your comment that you participated and leave me a link to your blog.  I'd love to come read your post!
My mama participates in Faithful Fridays on her blog, Country Girl at Home.
Ms. Retha also participates on her blog, Retha's Rambles.
Ms. Patty also participates on her blog, Blessings Beyond.
Ethan participates on his blog, Ethanseverydayblog.
You could be next!

                                                                                ~*~

I think that a lot of people seem to forget that God has promised us something (okay, He's promised us a lot more than the promise you'll find below):

Blessed is the man
   who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
   or sit in the seat of mockers.
  But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
   and on his law he meditates day and night.
  He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
   which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
   Whatever he does prospers.

   Not so the wicked!
   They are like chaff
   that the wind blows away.
  Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
   nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

   For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
   but the way of the wicked will perish.


-Psalm 1:1-6

Wow--let that sink in!  God's promising us that if we follow His ways, His rules, His Word, then he will bless us, lead us, guide us, and watch over us.  So many people think that following God is boring and not fun.  They think that God's rules are just made to, ahem, cramp their style. 

But God's Word says differently.  And so do plenty of people who have had experience with following Jesus.  If you choose to honor Christ and be a light for Him, He enhances your life.  He makes it special.  He makes it a LOT better.  God says in His Word that a man (or woman) whose delight is in the law of the LORD is like a tree planted by streams of water.

That's a pretty smart tree, isn't it?  And it's probably going to yield its fruit in season like the Bible says, isn't it? 

I mean, naturally, everyone knows that a tree planted by water is going to do much better than a tree planted in a desert or near rocks or among thorns, right? 

Well think about this--God's Laws are streams of water.

The further away we get from

HIS Word,

                                  HIS Laws,

and HIS counsel,


the more our tree--our life--will wither.

And people wonder why their life is going so wrong?
So today, I encourage you to get closer to God.

Okay, so that could take up a whole other post, but let's take a quick look at what it means to get closer to God.

So bear with me as we get extremely simple here.

This is not a trick question.  Answer this (as you're reading) with a plain answer.

How do you get accquainted with someone?

My answer would be, "by talking to them".

So there you have it--you want to get accquainted with God?

Talk to Him.

Read about Him.

Learn about Him.

And then, the best part, showing off our Friend--talk about Him!

I myself tend to struggle with reading my Bible everyday.  I love to read, though, so that's not my problem.  I guess it's taking time out of my (often busy) day to sit down and read a chapter or so of the Bible. 

-But-

when I do, I feel so good.

So please, please try--read a chapter, or even just a few verses in your Bible.  After all, a little is better than none at all!

Be a tree planted by streams of water.

                                                                          ~*~

Have a great weekend!

God bless you!
Joy :D

3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Joy,

Of course I participating in Faithful Friday today!

Wow! Your post is wonderful. Very clearly stated and I'm amazed at the way you articulate your point. So true! I love that scripture too! It is such a promise!

I love you! 10!

MOM

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oops.....I'm participating in Faithful Friday, not I participating! Sigh! Guess it's time to wear those glasses all the time! :)

Love you!
MOM

Blessed Beyond said...

Hi Joy.... I just posted my Faithful Fridays post.... You are amazing and another great post, sweetie! Hugs and Blessings,

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs