Friday, November 11, 2011

Faithful Fridays ~ Who Will Love Me For Me


Hi everyone!  It's Friday again, so it's time for a Faithful Fridays post! This post will be a little shorter today, because I have a lot of school to catch up on. :)

I started Faithful Fridays so that Christians could have one designated day a week (although I don't think they should keep it to just one day) to share something about their Faith--a prayer request, answered prayer, Bible verse, something God's laid on your heart, etc.  To participate in Faithful Fridays, just grab the button above for your post along with a link to my blog somewhere in your post, too.  After you've published your post, please come let me know in your comment that you participated and leave me a link to your blog.  I'd love to come read your post!

My mama participates in Faithful Fridays on her blog, Country Girl at Home.
Ms. Retha also participates on her blog, Retha's Rambles.
Ms. Patty also participates on her blog, Blessings Beyond.
Ethan participates on his blog, Ethanseverydayblog.
You could be next!
                                                     ~*~

I shared with you earlier this week about a girl named Blossom, who is (still) waiting for her family.  :(

I want to share with you another little boy God has laid on my heart--he is so precious.  I also want to share a song I love about those who have been hurt and need love--we Christians are just the ones to give it!

This is 12 year old Levi.  Levi is on the Shared List.  He was born in August 1999.  He is my age.  All alone.  No mama.  No daddy.  No hugs.  No love.  Just a cold, dreary orphanage.  No Jesus.


Doesn't he look sad? 

You see, Levi** was abandoned when he was six years old.  Six years old.  Think about that.  Think about your six year old.  Think about the six year olds you know.

He was found outside by himself, crying, saying his parents didn't want him anymore.

Despite this hardship, Levi has grown into a more outgoing and active boy.  He loves playing soccer and he loves to be outside.  He gets along well with other children.  He likes to read picture books.

Levi is healthy.

He sits on a list.

And waits.

And waits.

And waits.

In less than two years, he will age out.  He will forever lose his chance of finding a family.  He will probably never know Jesus.  He will live a tough and lonely life, with the brand of an orphan forever on his name.

He will never know the love of a family.

Of a mommy.

Of a daddy.

Of Jesus.

When thinking about Levi's situation, this song comes to mind. Please listen and feel inspired...



It is What Love Really Means by JJ Hell*r.

When we look around, though it is unspoken, can't we see the hurt that people are carrying around? Look closely. Think. Pray. Then act!

As Christians, we are God's hands and feet. We need to show love, and stop hiding in a shell and pretending that the world is okay.



(I Refuse by J*sh Wilson.)

We need to step up and do what God has called us to do.

I recently found this video and I'm so glad I did. I clicked on this vido that was on the sidebar of an adoption blog because I thought it looked like some sort of gymnastics video. It was a Christian speaker named F*ancis Chan, and I love his message!



(Haha, did you catch that about homeschooling? I could write a book on that subject, but I'll leave it alone. :))

We could do SO much through small things.

Like..

A smile.

A hug.

A few sweet and uplifting words.

A letter or note.

An e-card.

An email.

A tract.

It is so simple.

And it's not just that we show love to those who are hurt, it is also that we are letting God's life illuminate through us and shine like a lantern to those around us.

I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

-John 12:46

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

-Matthew 5:15

So go be a lantern for God today--don't hide in your shell and pretend the world is okay. Refuse to let your part go undone.

**If you are interested in Levi, please contact us at countrygirlathome@att.net

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

Beautiful post and beautiful music. Beautiful boy!

There is so much pain evident in Levi's face! It's hard to look at his picture! I hope his family finds him soon! He needs to be able to trust again in his forever family! Thank you for advocating for him!

And I love the song Who Will Love Me For Me. It makes me cry though!

I love you! 10!
MOM

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh yeah, of course I participating in Faithful Friday today! :)

Love you! 10!
MOM

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs