Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A New Adjustment for Matty

My two cats got into a ridiculous fight because one thought that the other was attacking, so, whenever they would see each other, they would attack. It was weird. It was like they didn't know each other. We had to seperate them, Matty on the porch and Bambi in the house. Poor Matty had to stay on the porch for 3 days.

Then, my mom sent an email out and a friend of hers showed it to the ladies at her work and a nice lady, Ms. Becky, emailed mom and said she wanted to meet Matty. We sent an email of Matty's pics to her and we dropped by her house last night with Matty in the car with us. Poor thing...she didn't have a clue what was happening and she was so scared in the car....but when we got to the lady's house, Matty was in Ms. Becky's arms all calm and everything. It made me feel good afterwards even though I cried when we left without her because the lady was so happy. Mom and dad said that I made a good decision, a grownup decision, wanting Matty to be in a good home, safe(even though she attacked Bambi), and happy than risking her life keeping her with us(I'm in tears everybody...right now writing this). I think it's better for her and Bambi because Matty's an only cat and Bambi's an only cat now. The lady was assuring me that she would love Matty and she seemed so happy. She must be so lonely.....and Matty is good company....Bambi is getting closer to us and as I write this she is laying on my bed, fast asleep.

I am happy I made the decision I did(even though some of my friends don't understand it because from their point of view, Matty was sweeter). And Ms. Becky, if you're reading this today, thank you, so much, for taking care of Matty and giving her a good home.




Blessings,

Joy =D

11 comments:

CozyGirl said...

I'm so sorry Joy. What a hard thing to have to do, but I'm glad you found a good home for her and that you won't have to worry or wonder if Matty is okay. That definitely was a very grown up decision to make. I hope you have a good and cheerful day today !
Janae :-)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Awwww...I feel for you hon but you did make the right decision and I'm sure in the process of making it you made someone very happy and less lonely:)
Rondell

Zaroga said...

Joy, I'm sorry that you had to give up a friend. I am proud of you for being able to make such a decision. I would have had a hard time making that decision. Maybe you will be able to visit Matty?

{{{Joy}}}

Never So Simple said...

Oh Joy you are such a great and brave young lady. I admire you for your decision. I'm sure Matty is going to be happy in her new home. I think you and Bambi will become even closer. Please don't cry.

Donna

Mandy said...

Joy,
You should be proud of the decision you made! You put what was best for Matty above your own desires. Most adults even have a hard time doing that. You're a beautiful little girl inside and out!

Blessings,
Mandy

green gables girl said...

Hi, Joy!

Ohhh... I know how you feel... That's a really hard decision, if I had to give my dog away (Mandy), I would be really sad, cry, and if we had to give her away at night, then I might even have a bad\sad dream about her.
But on the bright side, Matty is going to be just fine with that nice lady. (Ms. Becky)

My mom might comment on this post. :)

Friend+great pen pal=You! :)
Love, Allyson

P.S.I sent you an e-card! Hope you like it!

Tammy said...

Joy, I am sure you made the right decision, even though I know it was so hard for you! Can you visit Matty sometime?
It sounds like it just wasn't working anymore to have the two cats together, and that Mattie will feel good in her new home.

(((HUGS)))
Your penpal's mom, Mrs. Tammy

Amber said...

Hi, Joy,
I'm sure matty will enjoy her new home. Some cats like to be the only cat, and like to have their people all to themselves. :o) Bambi and Matty might both be happier this way. Will you be able to visit Matty?
Amber

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Joy,

I really miss Matty too, but I'm so proud of you for thinking it over and making the best decision you could make for Matty's sake (and Bambi's). And we know Ms. Becky is going to spoil her and love her so much! Now you can pour all of that attention onto Bambi and they'll both be loved so much!

I love you!
Mom

Susan said...

So sorry you had to give a kitty away. You made the right decision since they didn't get along. I'll be praying for you.

a southern girl said...

I'm so sorry that you had to give matty away....
I'm sure it was for the best though....:)

~A sOuThErN gIrL~

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs